15 April 2010

The Three Sisters Project

The Jackson Five, New Kids on The Block, and Hanson.

These are musics that I grow up with. Not just loving their music, I secretly envy how they can share their passion with their siblings. I even dream creating my own family group on music, but none of. us expert in music. The plan crushed.

But fortunately I am able to fulfill my dream in a different way. Here, my two sister and I building our passion on what we called the three sisters project, sharing our passion toward fashion and culture. That's how Kraton Boutique born.

It's an online boutique that sells ready to wear that made from special cloth called batik. An Indonesian wax-resistant dyeing technique used on textiles.

Last October 2009, UNESCO has decided to add Batik as Indonesian Intangible Cultural Heritage list. The listing give some degree of protection under the UNESCO charter, that even batik is well-known in various countries such as Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand, it had been declared that its origin came from Indonesia.

Yippie...how proud I am knowing that. Nowadays Batik become cultural icon for each drawing on the cloth represent uniqueness, symbols and a deep philosophy of the human life cycle. If in the past, Batik mostly worn by adults at formal event. Here in Kraton Boutique we want to share how batik can be fashionable, chic and can be worn in daily basis. Let's spread the passion and be Kratonized :D.

You might recall Three Sister as a tourist attraction in Blue Mountain area in Australia, and by coincidence, Kraton Boutique, on what we the sisters passion into, based in Sydney Australia too. So here we are, ready to share our passion to the world. By the way, this is Vennie, the middle sister who based on Jakarta Indonesia, whose task is becoming scavenger, going from one area to another, looking diamond on the dessert. I assure that you will get quality in reasonable prize. Keep updating with our journey ok :D Sent from my BlackBerry®
powered by Sinyal Kuat INDOSAT

Posted via email from vennie's posterous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home